Our attorneys have provided legal support for a number of private equity and other investment funds, as well as both registered investment advisers* and exempt reporting advisers. From the onset of a fund, our team can assist in fund formation and in drafting the array of legal agreements necessary to run a fund, including subscription agreements and limited partnership/limited liability company agreements.
Our skilled attorneys have experience preparing all of the SEC filings and other required (and recommended) disclosures relevant to your fund. Whether your fund invests in public companies, other funds, private companies or emerging industries such as the cannabis industry, our team has the experience you need. Our attorneys will ensure that you and your fund remain compliant with SEC and other U.S. and non-U.S. laws and regulations, allowing you to focus on your fund investment strategy.
* Although many people spell adviser with an “o,” we follow the lead of FINRA and spell adviser with an “e,” since the U.S. laws that govern this type of investment professional invariably spell the job title this way.
- Broker-Dealer Regulations
- Exempt Reporting Advisers
- Fund of Funds
- Hedge Funds
- Investment Advisers
- Limited Partner Representation
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Private Equity Fund Formation
- Registered Funds
- Securities Laws and Regulations
- Prepared and negotiated documentation for numerous investment funds
- Prepared and filed Form ADV for investment advisers
- Prepared and submitted numerous SEC filings such as Schedule 13G and Form 13H for private equity firms across the United States
- Prepared numerous legal opinions for investors regarding investments in investment funds
- Prepared and reviewed numerous non-disclosure agreements on behalf of major private equity firms in the United States and Canada
- Prepared finder’s fee agreements for private equity firms
- Served as primary outside counsel to investor consortium; prepared and negotiated investment fund documentation including private placement memoranda, limited partnership/liability company agreements, subscription agreements, and side letters
- Prepared and reviewed Code of Ethics, WISPs, and other required and recommended documents for numerous investment advisers
- Represented FinTech company in its formation of fund for its customers
- Prepared private placement memorandum, limited liability company agreement, and subscription agreement for private equity funds targeting cannabis companies in Colorado